Italy became a nightmare for the 17-year-old schoolgirl from Russia Angelina C. who arrived there via the international exchange program.
On September 29 she was gang raped by 5 men from a small city of Acquapendente.
Since the first report of this case by LifeNews.ru, the incident is closely followed by Russian media.
Below is the chronicle of events and updates (translated from Russian language) as it stands on October 8, 2012.
Schoolgirl from Russia raped in Italy
October 5, 2012 (source: http://lifenews.ru/news/102984)
17-year-old Angelina Charles arrived in a small Italian town Acquapendente on September 7 through a student exchange program organized by the Charitable Fund “Interculture” (AFS Russia).
She was deployed to the host family and began attending classes at the high school of Leonardo da Vinci (Liceo Scientifico Leonardo Da Vinci).
On her arrival the schoolgirl was told that accidents rarely happen in this small town with the population of about 6,000 people…
On September 29 Angelina and her friend from Norway went to a disco in the nearby town of Viterbo.
- It was Saturday, - recalls Angelina. – At 11 p.m. I and Christina took a taxi and drove to the club. About 30-40 minutes later I received a text message from my host family asking me to urgently return. We tried to catch a taxi, but we were told that it was too late. Nearby we saw a group of guys with the car who were going to our city.
- We asked them to take us to the city and they agreed, – continues Angelina. – But as soon as we left, they turned on the loud music and started harassing us. Then they stopped the car near some woods and pulled us out of the car.
Using the threats five young men raped Angelina in turns. In the morning they took both girls to the gate of their house and fled.
- I told about the incident to my host family, – says Angelina. – I was covered in blood, cuts and bruises. After passing the medical examination, I went to the police. Cops have not yet arrested the rapists. But they have already been identified. I’ve even found them in Facebook.
Hoping to get help from AFS, Angelina turned to a volunteer [from the fund which helped her to come to Italy]. However, in response she was blamed of violating the rules and told that she would be immediately deported from the country.
- Representatives of AFS contacted my parents in Russia and told them that I had provoked the situation myself and the sex was consensual. After that they advised them not to disclose anything. They stated that it would be in our best interest not to make the matter public – since otherwise both the reputation of my family and my future would suffer. – says the crying Angelina.
Angelina turned to the prosecutor’s office in Italy with the report about five local residents violently abusing her and to the Consulate of the Russian Federation. The Russian Consulate refused to help, saying that they did not have lawyers.
- My friend called the Russian Embassy in Rome, but he was told that they could not help, because they did not have lawyers. The same negative response was obtained from the Italian Embassy in Moscow and the Committee for Assistance to Foreigners Abroad, – said Angelina.
Representatives of the Russian Consulate in Rome could not answer why they hadn’t taken any action yet.
- The Embassy knows about the misfortune that happened to Angelina. Indeed, on October 1, there was an anonymous call which informed us about the incident. The consular officer immediately contacted Angelina. Report from the girl herself was received only on October 2. We had contacted the carabinieri involved in this affair, – commented the Advisor of the Russian Embassy in Italy, Sergey Patronov.
Comments of Russian netizens
Михалыч: Unfortunately, this is a typical situation in the southern Europe, from Portugal to Turkey! They are terrible slackers – Greeks, Spaniards, Italians. That’s why with such great pleasure they harass our girls, since their own women don’t give them more than once a week! These assholes must be made to work, EU shouldn’t give them any money and we shouldn’t go there!К сожалению это типичная ситуация для всей южной Европы, от Португалии до Турции! Это страшные бездельники, греки, испанцы, итальянцы, поэтому с удовольствием от безделия пристают к нашим девушкам и к хохлушкам, т.к. свои больше одного раза в неделю не дают! Этих ослов надо заставить работать, евросоюзу не давать им денег и к ним не ездить!
СУХОФРУКТ: Any girl who sits in the car with drunken strangers should be ready that she might be raped, and if lucky – killed. The stupid cunts should know it better. Viva Italy! Любая девушка, которая садится в машину к незнакомым пьяным мужикам, должна быть всегда готова к тому что тебя изнасилуют, а если повезет и убьют. ТП закон не писан .Вива Италия !
Инна: Instead of asking the host family to come and pick her up – since the taxis don’t operate, she chose the company of drunk guys)) Everything is clear to me about this girl. And to you?)))Вместо того, чтобы попросить свою семью приехать за ней к клубу, так как такси не ходят, она выбрала компанию подвыпивших парней)) Мне лично все с ней ясно. А вам?)))
assa: How are you talking here – the Russian girl was raped and you justify the rapists!!! Doesn’t look like 17 – should be raped? Went to the bar – should be raped? Asked to give a ride – should be raped? All of you have mothers, sisters or daughters and if this is an excuse for rape, I wish you to experience the same !!!Вы что городите тут, Русскую девчонку насилуют, а вы оправдания насильникам придумываете !!! Не выглядит на 17-насиловать? Пошла в бар – насиловать? Попросила подвезти-насиловать ? У всех матери, сестры или дочери и если это повод насиловать, желаю вам испытать то же !!!
@ Инна, what exactly is clear to you? That was the host family – not relatives! They didn’t have to pick her from another town. The fact that she got in the car with guys is not an excuse to gang rape her!Инна, и что же вам ясно? Это была принимающая семья- чужие люди! И они не обязаны ночью срываться и ехать за ней в другой город. То, что она села в машину к парням- это не повод ее насиловать впятером!
ольга: In Russia you are afraid to walk late and get into taxi, and in the foreign country you are so brave!Девушки! В России страшно поздно гулять и в такси садиться,а Вы в чужой стране такие смелые! Girls!
Ольга: I myself live in Italy; here they have taxis in any place and any time, you only need to call and order and, of course, have money to pay for it.Я самая живу в Италии, такси здесь есть в любом месте и в любое время, нужно только позвонить его заказать, ну и иметь средства, чтобы его оплатить.
Алексей: Can you imagine what she went through? Five guys tortured the girl for the whole night. If there is no justice, then in place of her father I would myself go to Italy, find those suckers and cut off their “belongings”.Вы просто представьте что она пережила. Пять пацанов измывались над девушкой всю ночь. Если правосудия не будет, то на месте ее отца я бы сам приехал в эту Италию, нашел этих упырей и отрезал их ‘достоинства’.
Let’s continue with the updates on this story…
Italians might get life imprisonment if their guilt is proved
October 5, 2012 (source: http://lifenews.ru/news/103004)
If the guilt of young men accused in the rape of the 17-year Russian schoolgirl is established, they might spend the rest of their lives behind the bars.
Three years ago Italian government passed a law toughening the punishment for statutory rape.
It’s possible that this was the reason for the primary reaction of the local authorities who tried to protect the crime suspects.
- All crime suspects have been identified, – say from the police department of Vitebro. – They are all the residents of Acquapendente, students of the ITCG Carlo Alberto Dalla Chiesa college. The age of all suspects is below 20 years old.
- These are Leonardo F., Marco P., Alessio R., Sebastiano B., Mariano L. – told Angelina. – I hope that all of them will be punished according to the law.
Medics confirmed that it was the rape
October 7, 2012 (source: http://lifenews.ru/news/103066)
Doctors from the Italian clinics concluded that the injuries on the body of the Russian student were the result of rape.
- We received the medical report, which established that the sexual act was committed against the girl’s will, – said to LifeNews from the police of Viterbo.
According to lawyers, this document will serve as the basic proof upon which the case will be built. The girl will have to go through a resonant trial, which according to Italian laws will start not earlier than in 3 months.
Angelina will be transferred from the host family in Acquapendente to Rome.
- This is done for the girl’s safety and to ensure her mental well-being. Acquapendente is a very small town. Its residents had immediately sided with their fellow citizens and blame for the incident the Russian schoolgirl, – added in the Russian consulate.
- The host family is very hostile to me, – says Angelina through tears. – They said that I brought shame on them, and warned me not to dare to tell anything to anyone. The police took my laptop. From morning till night a crowd of people is shouting under the window, calling me a Russian prostitute who set up the fine Italian guys. All local press is writing about it.
Police found girl’s blood in the car of Italians
October 8, 2012 (source: http://lifenews.ru/news/103113)
Police inspected the car, in which according to the victim, she was brutally raped and found the first piece of evidence proving her words.
In the car salon they found a tissue with blood. Upon examination, the DNA sample from the tissue matched the DNA of the victim.
It’s known that all five members of this loud story had been summoned to the police station for the interrogation. But they categorically denied their guilt.
However, some experts believe that the investigators might have much more evidence. According to Angelina’s lawyer, Italian detectives are not eager to prove the guilt of the suspects.
- There is a clear police procedure for such cases, – told Life News Angelina’s lawyer, Anton Shalkov. – It is necessary to take the sample of subungual [ed: under the nail] tissue. Examination of this tissue gives answer to the question, whether the victim resisted during the intercourse or not. If she resisted, there will always be the skin samples of rapist/s. But in the case of Angelina, this procedure simply had not been made.